- Southern Miss vs. South Carolina (-14): Take the points and go with the Golden Eagles. The Cocks win but don't cover.
- Pittsburg vs. Utah (-3): Pitt is in Salt Lake, but they have 13 starters back from a 10 win team. Take the points and Pitt.
- Illinois vs. Missouri (-13): Missouri crushed Illinois last year and they have 17 starters back from that team. Mizzou by 14.
- Purdue vs. Notre Dame (-10): 18 starters back for the Irish and they win, but not by 10. Go with the Boilers.
- Connecticut vs. Michigan (-3): Michigan is struggling. UConn whipped South Carolina last year. Take the points and the Huskies.
- Kentucky (-5.5) vs. Louisville: KY has 13 starters back from a 7 win team. Louisville is not what it once was. Cats by 6.
- UCLA (-1) vs. Kansas State: Tough call, but I go with the Bruins by a field goal.
- Washington vs. BYU (-3): Jake Locker and 16 other starters are back and should take the Cougars. Take the points and Washington.
- Alabama (-38) vs. San Jose State: I love the TIDE and they will roll, but we hardly ever win by this many points. Don't give away 38.
- North Carolina (pk) vs. Louisiana State: UNC has 21 starters back, but 7 will not be playing in this game. Go with the Bengal Tigers.
- Cincinnati (pk) vs. Fresno State: Fresno has more starters and it's in the Valley, Cincy has 13 starters back from a 12 win team. Bearcats by a touchdown.
- Boise State (-6) vs. Virginia Tech: This could be one of the biggest games of the season. For those of us who love traditional "big boy" football, we have to go for the Hokies. I know Boise is tough and they have nearly everyone back. It's virtually a home game for VT. For the sake of college football, take VT and the points.
WARNING: I am not a big gambler and I have been known to pick with my heart (which means that I usually pick the Southern teams). However, I watch a ton of football and I know the players and teams pretty well. Hopefully this will at least help you in an office pool.
GOOD LUCK and ROLL TIDE!